Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Why Austin Petersen Should Run for US Senate as a Republican

Published by Liberty Hangout

Former Libertarian presidential candidate Austin Petersen is publicly exploring the prospect of running for U.S. Senate in Missouri on the Republican ticket.  This has caused quite the uproar in the ranks of the Libertarian Party.  Frankly, and I say this simultaneously as a pragmatist, a radical sympathizer, and somewhat of a party loyalist (only because I won’t sit quietly while it’s taken over by weed snitches and progress-anchors), I think we should let the whole AP crowd go with our blessings.

They obviously don’t feel at home in the party.  They obviously don’t feel welcome in its ranks.  Like many party members outside the AP camp, they feel disappointed and that their party could have done better in 2016.  I get it.  All I ask of them is that, if this experiment doesn’t work and they come back to the LP, that they try it someone else’s way.

In my opinion, we needed to... (Read more)

No comments:

Post a Comment