|Jalisco New Generations Cartel declares war on the Knights Templar Cartel.|
- In Mexico, 1910, Pancho Villa turned his bandit gang into a guerrilla army.
- In China, bandit and warlord armies were absorbed into the Peoples Liberation Army in their fight against the Nanjing government.
- The Vietnamese organized crime network Bin Xuyen openly fought the Saigon government and was absorbed into the Viet Cong.
- Bandits and pirates joined demobilized anti-communist armies who formed paramilitary drug-trafficking organizations in Asia’s Golden Triangle.
- Neighborhood gangs in Lebanon became overnight militias engaged in sectarian fighting.
- In Colombia, the drug cartels partnered with the communist guerrillas to traffic drugs and fight the government.
- The Iraqi insurgency in Fallujah included organized crime groups.
- Today, the Taliban is financed in part by Afghan drug lords.
|MS-13 foot soldier with a machine pistol|
|Homeland Security agents disembark from a MRAP vehicle|